Welcome to Jingsonh Chen Law Office


   Home Page (English)
    Hot Topics


   EB1A-Extraordinary Ability
   EB1B-Outstanding Worker
   EB2-Advanced Degrees
   EB3-Skilled Workers
   EB4-Religious Workers
   PERM (Labor Certification)

Various Non-
   Immigration Visa

   F1/F2-Student Visa
   H1B-Working Visa
   L-Three Years Visa
   O-Employment Visa
   K-Fiance Visas
   M-International Students
   Citizenship application
   Citizenship examination
   Citizenship exam (seniors)

Immigration Court 
   Appearing/ Bail Bond

   Court appearing needs

EB1B-Priority Workers: Outstanding Professors or Researchers


    Employer-Not required

    Labor certification-Not required

Outstanding professors and researchers are recognized internationally for their outstanding academic achievements in a particular field. In addition, an outstanding professor or researcher must have at least three years experience in teaching or research in that academic area, and enter the U.S. in a tenure or tenure track teaching or comparable research position at a university or other institution of higher education. If the employer is a private company rather that a university or educational institution, the department, division, or institute of the private employer must employ at least three persons full time in research activities and have achieved documented accomplishments in an academic field.


A: Evidence that the professor or researcher is recognized as outstanding in the academic field must include documentation of at least two of the following:

1.      Receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement;

2.      Membership in associations that require their members to demonstrate outstanding achievements;

3.      Published material in professional publications written by others about the alien's work in the academic field;

4.      Participation, either on a panel or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or allied academic field;

5.      Original scientific or scholarly research contributions in the field;

6.      Authorship of scholarly books or articles (in scholarly journals with international circulation) in the field.

B. Evidence the beneficiary has at least three years of experience in teaching and/or research in the academic field; and

C. If you are a university or other institution of higher education, a letter indicating that you intend to employ the beneficiary in a tenured or tenure-track position as a teacher or in a permanent position as a researcher in the academic field; or

D. If you are a private employer, a letter indicating that you intend to employ the beneficiary in a permanent research position in the academic field, and evidence that you employ at least three full-time researchers and have achieved documented accomplishments in the field.


Permanent, full-time job offer;

A USCIS Form I-140 (Petition for Alien Worker) is required. All I-140 petitions must be filed at the USCIS Regional Service Center that has jurisdiction over the place where the individual will work. The petition packet must include the required documentary evidence and should follow the specific filing guidelines of the Service Center. No labor certification is needed for EB1B petitions.

  Please contact us for the current filling fees and our attorney fee.

   Home Page (Chinese)
   New Letters
About Us
   Our Law Office
   Our Team
   Professional Services
   Contact Us
Free Evaluations
   Cases Consultations 
Immigration Case 
   Status Check
   Processing Time
   Case Status
   Visa Bulletin 
   Civil Surgeons
Immigration News Links
Jingsong Chen's Creative   
   Selection of Short Stories
   Youthful Ages/Green Hills
   Coffee and Tea (Chinese)
Office Location
17588 Rowland St., #228, 
City of Industry, CA 91748
Tel: (626)363-7353(Office)
(626)319-7566 (24 hrs) 


                       Copyright 2007 Law Offices of Jingsong Chen All Rights Reserved Privacy Policy Websites Designed by Xiangyang Shi