Welcome to Jingsonh Chen Law Office


   Home Page (English)
    Hot Topics


   EB1A-Extraordinary Ability
   EB1B-Outstanding Worker
   EB2-Advanced Degrees
   EB3-Skilled Workers
   EB4-Religious Workers
   PERM (Labor Certification)

Various Non-
   Immigration Visa

   F1/F2-Student Visa
   H1B-Working Visa
   L-Three Years Visa
   O-Employment Visa
   K-Fiance Visas
   M-International Students
   Citizenship application
   Citizenship examination
   Citizenship exam (seniors)

Immigration Court 
   Appearing/Bail Bond

   Court appearing needs

EB2-National Interest Waiver (NIW) 

Legal Requirements
Post-doctoral researchers, post-graduate researchers, Ph.D. students and others may apply for U.S. Permanent Residence in this classification because it can be a self-petition. No permanent job position or employer sponsorship is required.

Applicant must have advanced degree or exceptional ability
1) Advanced degrees include Master’s degree, Ph.D. degree, M.D. equivalent degree. Advanced degrees include the ones that received from China or other countries after a Foreign Academic Credential Evaluation by a credited evaluation agency.

2) Exceptional ability
There is no degree requirement. Applicant needs to prove exceptional ability and often times ten years or more experience in the field.
Alien scientist’s work has practical significance to the national interest of the United States
Alien’s research and his or her contributions have direct link to the National Interests.
Alien’s work bring a benefit that is national in scope
Alien will serve the national interest to a substantially greater degree than would an available U.S. worker having the same minimum qualifications.
If a labor certification were required for the alien, the national interest would be adversely affected

Document Preparation
Opinion letters from significant U.S. organizations are often suggested by CIS.
Documents to Prove Applicant’s Exceptional Ability  
1) Documentation of the alien's receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence in the field of endeavor.
2) Documentation of the alien's membership in associations in the field for which classification is sought, which require outstanding achievements of their members, as judged by recognized national or international experts in their disciplines or fields.
3) Published material about the alien in professional or major trade publications or other major media, relating to the alien's work in the field for which classification is sought. Such evidence shall include the title, date, and author of the material, and any necessary translation.
4) Evidence of the alien's participation, either individually or on a panel, as a judge of the work of others in the same or an allied field of specification for which classification is sought.
5) Evidence of the alien's original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance in the field.
6) Evidence of the alien's authorship of scholarly articles in the field, in professional or major trade publications or other major media.
7) Evidence of citations by other independent scientists.

Please contact us for the current filling fees and our attorney fee.

   Home Page (Chinese)
   New Letters
About Us
   Our Law Office
   Our Team
   Professional Services
   Contact Us
Free Evaluations
   Cases Consultations 
Immigration Case 
   Status Check
   Processing Time
   Case Status
   Visa Bulletin 
   Civil Surgeons
Immigration News Links
Jingsong Chen's Creative   
   Selection of Short Stories
   Youthful Ages/Green Hills
   Coffee and Tea (Chinese)
Office Location
17588 Rowland St., #228, 
City of Industry, CA 91748
Tel: (626)363-7353(Office)
(626)319-7566 (24 hrs) 


                        Copyright © 2007 • Law Offices of Jingsong Chen • All Rights Reserved Privacy Policy • Websites Designed by Xiangyang Shi