Post-doctoral researchers, post-graduate researchers, Ph.D. students and
others may apply for U.S. Permanent Residence in this classification
because it can be a self-petition. No permanent job position or employer
sponsorship is required.
Applicant must have advanced degree or exceptional ability
1) Advanced degrees include Master’s degree, Ph.D. degree, M.D.
equivalent degree. Advanced degrees include the ones that received from
or other countries after a Foreign Academic Credential Evaluation by a
credited evaluation agency.
2) Exceptional ability
There is no degree requirement. Applicant needs to prove exceptional
ability and often times ten years or more experience in the field.
Alien scientist’s work has practical significance to the national
interest of the
Alien’s research and his or her contributions have direct link to the
Alien’s work bring a benefit that is national in scope
Alien will serve the national interest to a substantially greater degree
than would an available
worker having the same minimum qualifications.
If a labor certification were required for the alien, the national
interest would be adversely affected
Opinion letters from significant U.S.
organizations are often suggested by CIS.
Documents to Prove Applicant’s Exceptional Ability
1) Documentation of the alien's receipt of lesser nationally or
internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence in the field of
2) Documentation of the alien's membership in associations in the field
for which classification is sought, which require outstanding achievements
of their members, as judged by recognized national or international
experts in their disciplines or fields.
3) Published material about the alien in professional or major trade
publications or other major media, relating to the alien's work in the
field for which classification is sought. Such evidence shall include the
title, date, and author of the material, and any necessary translation.
4) Evidence of the alien's participation, either individually or on a
panel, as a judge of the work of others in the same or an allied field of
specification for which classification is sought.
5) Evidence of the alien's original scientific, scholarly, artistic,
athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance in the
6) Evidence of the alien's authorship of scholarly articles in the field,
in professional or major trade publications or other major media.
7) Evidence of citations by other independent scientists.
Please contact us
for the current filling fees and our attorney fee.