Welcome to Jingsonh Chen Law Office


   Home Page (English)
    Hot Topics


   EB1A-Extraordinary Ability
   EB1B-Outstanding Worker
   EB2-Advanced Degrees
   EB3-Skilled Workers
   EB4-Religious Workers
   PERM (Labor Certification)

Various Non-
   Immigration Visa

   F1/F2-Student Visa
   H1B-Working Visa
   L-Three Years Visa
   O-Employment Visa
   K-Fiance Visas
   M-International Students
   Citizenship application
   Citizenship examination
   Citizenship exam (seniors)

Immigration Court 
   Appearing/Bail Bond

   Court appearing needs

H-1B: Non-Immigration Working Visa

H-1B visa is a working visa, which can be issued to foreign individuals who want to work in the United States as professionals.  Any one who has a four year college degree or work experience equivalent to a four year college degree may be eligible for a H-1B visa.

You should meet:

·         He/she is a professional (college degree holder or many years' work experience).

·         He/she has been hired by a U.S. employer.

·         The U.S. employer hired him or her to do the job he or she was trained to do.

·         The U.S. employer is willing to file a petition on his or her behalf.

·         There are still quotas available.

Sample List of Documents needed from the employee for H-1B:

·         A copy of recent resume.

·         If you have never had an H-1B before: copy of I-94 card, both sides; copy of I-20 (student) documents, both sides; employment authorization card, two sides.

·         If have an H-1B before: copy of all H-1B approval notices and other current status documents.

·         Copy of your college degree certificates and transcripts (Bachelor’s Master’s, Ph.D. etc), with certified English translation if not in English; If your Bachelor degree is a foreign degree and you do not have any other degree(s), you need to have your Bachelor degree evaluated by INS authorized organization with fee.

·         Copy of your passport, and your family members’ passport(s) if they need to change status with you.

·         Your social security number & salary.

·         If in H-1B status now, provide a copy of the current employment evidence such as pay checks or employment verification letter.

Sample List of Documents needed from/about the employer:

·         New employer’s full legal name, address, telephone number and fax number .

·         New employer’s Federal Employer Identification Number (federal tax ID number).

·         The name and title of the employer’s representative who is authorized to sign the petitioning documents.

·         The name of the contact person whom we may contact for additional assistance (optional).

·         Employer’s annual gross income or sales and the net income (if available).

·         The year the company founded and the number of current employees.

·         A copy of the employer’s brochure or promotional materials or web address.

·         A copy of detailed job description or offer letter from the new employer (optional).

The process of applying for an H-1B visa is relatively complicate and time consuming.   It has to deal with both the Department of Labor and the Immigration and Naturalization Service and must obtain approval from both agencies.  It is necessary to consult an immigration attorney or our office you want to obtain an H-1B visa.

·         Request a copy of Attorney-Client Agreement and document list by sending an email to us.

·         Send the required documents to our office by mail, fax or email.

·         Attorneys will review the documents for completeness and contact you and the employer if we have any questions.

·         We will prepare the necessary paperwork and send it to the employer for review and signature 

·         We will submit the H-1B petition package with USCIS after we receive the signed paperwork and the filing fee checks from the employer.

·         We will get the H-1B approved and notify you and the employer of the approval notice immediately.

Please contact us for current SIC filling fees and our attorney fee.

   Home Page (Chinese)
   New Letters
About Us
   Our Law Office
   Our Team
   Professional Services
   Contact Us
Free Evaluations
   Cases Consultations 
Immigration Case 
   Status Check
   Processing Time
   Case Status
   Visa Bulletin 
   Civil Surgeons
Immigration News Links
Jingsong Chen's Creative   
   Selection of Short Stories
   Youthful Ages/Green Hills
   Coffee and Tea (Chinese)
Office Location
17588 Rowland St., #228, 
City of Industry, CA 91748
Tel: (626)363-7353(Office)
(626)319-7566 (24 hrs) 


                        Copyright © 2007 • Law Offices of Jingsong Chen • All Rights Reserved Privacy Policy  • Websites Designed by Xiangyang Shi